Under the Omega Resistance Wire brand name, we hold an extensive range of nichrome (nickel chromium) and cupro nickel feedstocks, which are used to manufacture resistance wires and tapes to customers’ specific resistance requirements.
A heating element converts electricity into heat through the process of Joule heating and, therefore, requires wire of high resistivity. Heating elements are usually constructed from resistance wire or tape, and will be either embedded within an insulating material, supported on the surface of the insulating material or suspended under its own spring force.
Our accreditations are proof that we operate to the highest standards:
- BE EN ISO 9001 (Quality Management)
- BS EN ISO AS9100 (manufacture of products for Aerospace, Space and Defence)
- BS EN ISO AS9120 (stockholding and supply of Aerospace material).
The key materials we supply into the Heat Treatment industry are:
- Nickel chromium alloys
- Cupro nickel alloys
- Iron Chrome Aluminium alloys (ICA Alloys)
- Nickel iron alloys
We produce numerous special products for the Heat Treatment industry including:
- Resistance wire and tape from stock
- Stranded resistance wire
- Heating elements
- Glass sealing applications